How to Use Visual Marketing to Boost Engagement

March 23, 2017

The Best Pinterest Marketing Tool


Visual marketing is the catalyst of modern businesses and if you get it right the returns can be massive. Use ViralTag to get a leg up on the competition.

Y'all know I looove pretty things.

The newer the better.

What?

Don't judge me.

Besides, it's human nature to love bright and shiny new things.

So there!

If it's bright and shiny and does what it says that's even better.

Plus, it's a win-win-win!

A win for me because I get to use a tool that will save me time and money. Allowing me to work smarter, not harder and stick to my budget.

A win for you because it allows me to share useful information with you that helps you solve a problem or make you laugh. It's also a tool you could add to your arsenal as well.

And it's a win for the tool maker because I'm singing them praises getting more attention to their business through social proof. Basically providing them with a testimonial; word of mouth advertisement.   And you know what they say about social proof...

Plus, you know I'm a bit silly in the head because I easily get bored with things.

So a little change keeps me motivated and inspired.


Once we understand and accept that the only thing we can truly rely on always being around in this life is change we'll be better equipped to move forward and grow.

Further, blogging is hard work and a lot of work too.

It might be the hardest job some of us ever do, but if we do it right it might be the best paying job we've ever had. Bye Bye $40/hr 9 - 5!

What am I blathering on about you ask?

What Is Visual Marketing 


Well, I'm talking about visual marketing.

Well, visual content marketing which paves the way for more engagement and more traffic is the catalyst of modern businesses.

A visual is:
  • photos
  • graphics or
  • other types of imagery used to enhance and bring further meaning to your message.
Here are a few specific examples.

  • Blog graphics. These are branded images you use on a blog post or a blog page. These graphics help people to remember you, your content and your brand.
  • Social media graphics. These are the images you use in your Tweets and posts on your social media properties like Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook.
  • Infographics. A lean, concise and colorful presentation of information using charts, icons, graphs, images, and text. They can also increase your traffic by 12%.
  • Presentations and slides. For this, you can use Linked In's SlideShare which enjoys 60 million visitors per month. 
  • Videos. Videos are the next big thing especially with the improvement of the speed of internet connections worldwide. Also, it's 50 times easier to get a video to rank on Google's first page.
  • An Avatar. You know, the picture you use to represent yourself on your social media accounts and in forums? These are incredibly important because a picture tells a thousand words and people are extremely discerning.
 

Why Visual Marketing 


Are you using visual marketing in your marketing strategy? You should because it's important because:
  • visuals are processed 600 000 times faster than text.
  • Adding a visual to your content gets 94% more views than the same piece of content shared with only text. 
  • You and I retain 10% of what we hear, 20%of what we read, but 80% of what we see.
  • On Facebook, a post with an image gets 53% more likes than one without.
  • For Twitter, a Tweet with a photo gets 150% more retweet than a tweet with only text.
  • On Instagram, well... show me a successful Instagram account without visuals. 
  • And on Pinterest, ah... you have to use an awesome pin or you'll be getting very little love! 
You dig!

You Dig? Good, because understanding the importance of visual marketing is paramount to your success.

Not on Pinterest?

Why You Should Be on Pinterest


Well, I think you're missing out because:

1. Pinterest is growing fast and was the fastest growing social network in 2014.

Survey shows Pinterest is the best social media platform for small businesses.

Today, Pinterest provides an incredible opportunity for you to build:

  • brand awareness, 
  • spread ideas, 
  • understand your target customers, or 
  • just acquire new users.
2. Pinterest user demographics are changing.

Before, Pinterest was mainly used by women, but not anymore because 40% of new sign-ups to Pinterest are men.

3. Pinterest users are shoppers because 2 million of them save shopping pins daily.

4. Pinterest drives more referral traffic with an overall 5% which is only second to Facebook. Pinterest can also help to boost your Google rankings.

5. Pins have a long shelf life because pins are reshared by users for months or even years.

In this regard, Twitter nor Facebook cannot hold a candle to Pinterest as engagement is only alive for the first 3 hours.

Humans Use Visuals As A Deciding Factor When Making Purchases


Did you know that 90% of customers  - you know, the humans that buy from us - use visuals to decide on a purchase?

Yup!

And I bet you're in that 90% too.

A few of my blogging friends who are also rock star Pinterest managers introduced me to this cool tool that is an all-in-one marketing platform that they say kick butt with Pinterest and Instagram.

So, of course, I decided to give it a try myself.

And what do you know, they weren't far off.

As silly in the head as I can be, I know a good thing when I see it.



How Does It Help Me Boost Engagement 


Like Pinterest, it is driven by visual content and uses it as a bridge to build connections between brands and consumers.

And as a blogger I need all the help I can get to better connect and interact with my audience.

Let's not refer to it as it anymore and give it its proper name: ViralTag.

Viraltag is a social media marketing tool used for sharing visuals across platforms like Pinterest and Instagram.

Currently, it's been used by over 50 000 businesses.

Viraltag helps me and will also help you to:
  • Save time and schedule your pins in advance.
  • Schedule pins from your own website in bulk.
  • Find popular images to pin from other Viraltag users.
  • Find and schedule pins from anywhere on the web easily.
  • Schedule your repins at the best time for maximum engagement.
  • Create original graphics that will go viral on Pinterest.
  • Edit your original content to be the best format for Pinterest.
  • Measure the ROI of Pinterest with social media and traffic reports.
  • Discover the best times to pin to earn the most engagement.
  • Manage your Pinterest and Instagram scheduling along with your other social networks.
And because of these features, it's not only used by bloggers but also by:
  • consumer brands and
  • media companies.

Deal Clinchers 

1. In this day and age when they are so many tools out there, you need to pay close attention to ensure you get value for money.

And that's why a 14-Day Free Trial with no credit card required is always a good indication of better things to come from a company.

It's tedious and time-consuming to create yet another to do list to remind us which purchases to cancel.

2. ViralTag uses the official Pinterest API. Having the official endorsement of a platform such as Pinterest only serves to boost the authority and veracity of Viraltag.

3. It allows you to connect your GA, bitly and UTM Tracking.
4. Its latest exploit is its integration with Stencil. Stencil is a tool used to create graphics for social media and blog posts.
5. Viraltag circles is used for collaboration in your niche to have a constant flow of fresh content as well as to grow your presence and reach on social media.

Scheduled visuals in Viraltag


How Viraltag Affected My Instagram

When I started using Viraltag, I had:

  • 45 posts
  • 44 followers
  • 48 following
Now only 6 days later I have:
  • 56 posts
  • 130 followers an increase of 186.36%. And guess what more than 90% of these folks followed me!
  • 148 following
According to Websta, I've gotten more engagement - likes and comments.

Before Viraltag, the most like I got for one of my images is 30.

Now I have several that are coming in at more than 31 and counting.  

Websta's result for my Instagram after only using Viraltag for 6 days.



What did I do to get these engaged followers?

I used Viraltag on my laptop to schedule posts to Instagram.

That's it. Nothing special.

As you know, I've had issues with smartphones that affected my social media life especially Instagram.

Now, I've gotten one that's a bit smarter than usual.

And all I did was to connect my Instagram account to Viraltag from my desktop and downloaded the Viraltag app from the play store.

When I get a notification from the app, I simply post it to Instagram.

One great thing is that it copies my caption and gives clear instructions to paste it when I get to the posting screen.

IMPORTANT: When connecting your device to your account in the Viraltag app, ensure you are logged into the same google account for both devices.

For example: When I attempted to connect my device, I noticed it wouldn't connect.

So after thinking about it a bit, I remembered that I had logged out of my primary Google account.

But I was logged into the primary account on my device.

So all I did was to log into the primary Goggle account on both devices and viola!

The issue is fixed.


How Viraltag Affected My Pinterest


With Viraltag and Pinterest I've gotten tons of saves, likes and repins over the last few days.

Of course, also followers.

How it happened?

Yes, I make a few pins, but majority of the pins I pin to Pinterest are other people's content.

WithViraltag, it was pretty quick and easy to grab them wherever I went over the web with its Chrome Extension.

Also, I can schedule in bulk.

However, many of the persons who followed me on Instagram made the trip over to Pinterest.

And thus boost my Pinterest.

What I like Best About Viraltag


  1. Prompt and professional customer support.
  2. Ability to clone posts. For example, I spot a pin that can be shared to more than one of my boards. I can clone it and select each board its appropriate for. As well as I can clone one post for more than one account. For e.g. Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook. All that's needed from me is to add a description.
  3. The area to create my posts is large and clean allowing me to focus on the image and my scheduling.
  4. I get to see which of my social properties is sending traffic to my blog.

Boost your engagement on Pinterest and Instagram with Viraltag a visual marketing tool that's used by more than 50,000 businesses.It's quick and easy to set up plus fun to use. Want to make a difference in your business?

What I Don't Like About Viraltag

The one thing I don't like about Viraltag is:

When the Viraltag bookmarklet is clicked it does not open on top of the page.

Instead, it opens behind it and you have to click on it so it pops up on top of the page for you to do your scheduling.

Even though I know this happens I still wait for about 2 - 3 seconds before I remember to click it forward.

At first, I thought it was my slow internet interfering with its performance, but I was wrong.

UPDATE March 25, 2017

This issue has been fixed by the tech team at Viraltag.

Now, when I click on the bookmarklet the page pops up and sits right on top!

Allowing me to focus on my scheduling and get done quicker.

Awesome!

Thanks guys.

Wrapping Up


It's quick and easy to get started on Pinterest and Instagram with Viraltag to plan and share from your own website and find quality sources to curate from with Viraltag.

Fact: Humans are visual beings and visual information is much more sticky than other forms of content.

The long and short is: use images on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Google+, Linked In and your other social properties to:
  • get your images seen 
  • retweeted 
  • favorited and 
  • shared more.
Plus, it's also fun!

The most expensive advice is often the one we don't take.

Over To You 


Try for yourself with a free 14 day trial of Viraltag.

No credit card required!

Click here to start your Viraltag Trial.

Do something to grow!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Join Me on Facebook

Recent Tweets

Subscribe